Copyright © 2014 Tauhara Sunrise Lodge
Taupo | New Zealand
Phone +64 7 376 8555
All rights reserved
Food, Wine & Music
Breakfast and happy hour are daily events that all of our guests look forward to, and on Fridays and Saturdays or on special occasions, for guests who pre-book, an evening meal served with fine wines from New Zealand and Australia is also available. Please inquire at least 48 hours in advance if you are interested in dining at the lodge so that we can confirm availability and make appropriate arrangements. Vegetarian meals are available upon request.
- Cereal bar with selection of cereals, fruits, home-made yogurt and fresh milk
- Selection of juices
- Hot, home-baked bread, toast or muffins, with a choice of home-made jams, New Zealand honey, and other strange options like Marmite and Vegemite
- American-style bacon (streaky) or New Zealand-style bacon (like Canadian)
- Venison sausages
- Eggs, any style
- Buttermilk waffles served with fresh strawberries (in season) or other topping options including blueberries and raspberries
- Pears Volcano: Pears poached in Maple Syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon, and topped with a delicious raspberry sauce
- Baked Eggs Parmesan: Shaved ham, bacon, cherry tomatoes & basil, egg & parmesan cheese, baked in an oversized muffin pan and served on top of an English muffin split
- Huevos Rancheros. (Gotta have some Tex Mex since Becky is from Texas). Poached eggs served with a Mexican tomato sauce (not spicy but Tabasco available) and tortillas
- Fresh coffee, and a selection of teas
Pre-Dinner Appetiser Examples
- Blue cheese & pear bruschetta
- Baked camembert
- Smoked trout (trout cannot be purchased, it must be caught)
- Ginger chicken meatballs
- Guacamole dip
- Selection of New Zealand cheeses
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Barbequed garlic butter & white wine mussels, served on the half shell with a dab of salsa
Rob is passionate about wine, and particularly enjoys introducing guests to the latest great find from one of New Zealand's boutique wineries.
New Zealand is best-known for its outstanding Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region, Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris from the Central Otago, Martinborough, Marlborough and Canterbury regions, and Syrah & Bordeaux style wines from the Hawkes Bay region (2 hours from Tauhara Sunrise). We always have several of the latest finds available and enjoy sharing these with guests at happy hour.
Music of all varieties is another of Rob's passions. When you make a booking with us through our online booking system, we ask you about your music preferences, giving you the opportunity to identify specific artists you really enjoy.